Watch the Video Pitch: FRANKLIN BEAN AND BUBBIE’S BULLIES
Buy the novel on Amazon:
Get to know writer Emmy Swain:
1. What is your story about?
In the third book of the Franklin Bean early chapter book series, John is settled in his new neighborhood and has a good friend in Addie. But all is not well. His much loved dog, Franklin Bean, goes missing before a dog rescue charity event. Panic follows. And although the bully troubles are different, they’re not over. Latino superhero Pancho Frijole continues saving victims caught in dangerous situations.
The multicultural cast is in for more surprises and challenges. Addie suspects the real identity of Pancho Frijole. We meet new Lucy, a French bulldog with problems that might make her unadoptable. As part of a school assignment, John chooses to work with the canine bullies. But can he find a loving home for a dog with such serious problems?
Two things for sure—danger lurks everywhere for kids and dogs—and Pancho Frijole will try to save the day with teamwork. No matter their ages, readers will come away feeling uplifted and ready to make the world a better place.
2. Why should people know about yourself and your story?
My characters are created on real life experiences. I believe children should be taught to love everyone, no matter what color, shape, size or challenge. Franklin Bean is a true superhero. He’s magical with subtle life lessons. No matter their ages, readers will come away feeling uplifted and ready to make the world a better place.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
5 years +
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The Wizard of Oz
5. Who would you like to collaborate with on a creative project?
I would love to collaborate with a dog lover; Sandra Bullock or Lady Gaga would be perfect.
6. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
I have written three books in the Franklin Bean Superhero Series.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
I was motivated by my life and my Boston Terrier, Franklin Bean.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I have no set routine for writing. I write everything down that pops in my head and then I put it together.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I love animals, the ocean and making people happy.
10. What influenced you to have your story made into a video pitch?
I would love to share this series with the world. I love to make people smile when I’m not even there.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write from your heart.