Watch the Video Pitch for WINGS OF HOPE:
Buy the book on Amazon:
Get to know writer Hillary Hoffman:
1. What is your story about?
The bond of a father and daughter is special. When Jules’ father asks her to come stay with him because he’s terminally ill, she goes for the remarkable opportunity to really know her father. She never dreamed he had liberated a concentration camp, dealt cards to Bugsy Siegel, or saved the life of a Black Panther. Wings of Hope takes you on a road trip through the memories of a man making peace with his life through his conversations with his daughter. Teaching her that death is sometimes the most heartbreakingly beautiful part of life.
Hope is the last gift of a father to his daughter–the power to reach for her dreams.
2. Why should people know about yourself and your story?
The stories the father tells are the actual events of my father’s life. The rest of it is fiction. I wrote it while I was pregnant with my daughter so that she could know the grandfather she would never get to meet.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
About ten years.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Meet Joe Black
5. Who would you like to collaborate with on a creative project?
In a dream world, J.K. Rowling
6. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
I’ve written three novels.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
I worried that I would forget all the amazing things about my father’s life.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I set aside time and just write. Then I go back and see if it is any good.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about my faith and my family.
10. What influenced you to have your story made into a video pitch?
I was excited about the possibility of sharing my dad with new audiences.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?