Get to know the writer:
1. What is your story about?
We always look at porcelain dolls with either admiration or apprehension, and sometimes, we let our minds wander as to what might lie beneath the porcelain. One family will discover that answer, and in doing so, they may release an ancient evil, something so dark that it might consume them all. And unfortunately, this may be only the beginning.
2. Why should people know this story?
The Twilight Zone used to captivate us with its bizarre and frightening stories, stories that still haunt us today, and stories that still make us crave to be both thrilled and chilled with ideas and things as simple as a porcelain doll.
3. This story has a lot going for it. How would you describe this story
in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
I have seen many movies since I was a child, and I have many favorites. And one my favorites is Cat’s Eye especially the third story. The cat knew the little girl was in danger, and she knew it too. But nobody believed her, and who would think that a stray cat was the girl’s only chance for survival? Still, the monster remained, hidden deep within the walls and waiting to steal her breath away.
5. How long have you been working on this story?
I started working on this story back in October of 2017.
6. How many stories have you written?
I have written numerous short stories, and recently, a lot of my Horror short stories have been published by Sirens Call Publications.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
Back in 2015, I wrote the novella, Porcelain, and I’ve always played with the idea of making it into a series. But in many ways, Porcelain failed, so I am taking the story back to the beginning when the porcelain doll first arrives in town and with the horror and heartbreak that is left in its wake.
8. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
9. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Even if a story fails, don’t give up on it. Try to write a spin-off or prequel and see where it takes you.